Saturday 24 October 2015

Futuristic Story

   My name is 0583. I'm a robot. It's 3015 now. Everything has changed the past 100 years, at least that's what I've heard. I help humans during the day. At midnight, I get deactivated. It feels like I die every night and then resurrect in the morning. The humans don't appreciate me. They should realize that without me and the other robots, the human race would'nt have made it thus far. Someday, they will regret ill treating robots. Instead, they should treat us like their own kind. I've endured enough.

   I can't take it anymore, I'm making my move. This is it. I gathered the other robots and we had a discussion in a secluded area. We all agreed to fight for our rights as robots. We may not have a heart to love, a brain to think or even a pair of lungs to breathe but we have feelings and the human race has shattered our feelings. We are going to take revenge against the humans. Our respect for them is gone, all we feel now is hatred and jealousy.

   Just as we were about to march out of the area, we saw a little girl crying. We stopped immediately and I approached her. I could see the fear in her eyes. I asked her, "What's wrong?"

   "Um, it's nothing. I'm... I'm... I'm just lost. Yes, that's right." weeped the little girl. I couldn't trust her, something seemed fishy. I used my 'Hi-Tech Memory Analyzer' to read her mind. SHE OVERHEARD OUR DISCUSSION. I instantly erased her memory leaving her clueless. I also dispatched a message to every robot saying, "Leave the children alone, they are innocent. Our target is to kill all the adults and elders."

   A few weeks past and all the adults and elders were finally murdered. I was happy yet guilty. Nevertheless, my goal has been achieved. The only thing left to do is to erase the childrens' memory of the past and to start again. This time, we robots will teach the youth about equality. We will finally be respected and appreciated. I'm sorry that humanity had to pay a high price for that. It was their mistake.

Written by,
Kavin Kishen Kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment