Monday 7 September 2015

A Futuristic Story

The sound of blaring horns coming from the speeding aerocars passing right in front of my house awaken me from my slumber. I got up and walked towards the bathroom to get ready for another day at school. After getting dressed with the help of a digital clothing selector, I went downstairs to get breakfast which was prepared by our robotic chef. The breakfast served is normally rather stale but nobody was really bothered with it as everyone is very busy.

After breakfast, I used my hoverboard to glide over to the nearest bus stop where I waited for the school bus. A portal appeared and the bus drove right out of it and stopped right in front of the bus stop. I let a few other students board the bus before I board the bus myself. Once I had sat down, the bus drove into another portal and appeared right at the school entrance.

As I stepped out of the bus, I looked around to see many tall buildings and many cars flying right past my head. There were also some holograms promoting various items like automatic glass cleaners, high speed fans and robots. I continued walking and pushed open the school doors. The atmosphere in the school was completely different compared to the outside. The walls were filled with math problems, scientific formulas and some graffiti.

Class felt extremely boring as the robotic teachers were very monotonous and their teaching is horrible. I felt as though I haven’t learned anything from them! Soon enough, school was over and it’s time to head back home. I went to an automated cab and inserted some notes into the cash slot and told the car my address. The taxi is voice-activated the moment money has been inserted. With the taxi, I managed to reach home fifteen minutes earlier compared to my hoverboard. Then, dinner was served by the robotic chef again and it still tasted very stale. At about ten o’ clock, it was time for bed and I tucked myself under the sheets and thought to myself, Well, today had just been a normal day in the year 2158.

359 words
Written by Frannen Tan

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frannen, it is well-written. However it did not feel like a story, but like the prologue to a story/novel. Nevertheless, good job!

    ReplyDelete